Wednesday 5 December 2007

Dinners

I've got a kitchen! ...with a cooker...and a sink...it's fantastic!!

After several months of cooking on a camping stove in the living room we have now moved back into the kitchen, where the new rayburn means that there is constant warmth and cooking facilities.

Since we reclaimed the kitchen I've been really busy and haven't had the time to fully appreciate it, but over the last few days I've been re-acquainting myself with the art of cooking.
I've lost all my cookery books (well, I'm sure they're in a box somewhere, but I haven't found them yet) except one Delia Smith book, so I've been giving that a good try-out and have done a beef goulash type thing and also Mexican chilli chicken with tomato salsa. I also suddenly developed a craving for sweetcorn chowder and invented a recipe for that, involving smoked haddock (how ridiculous that it costs more to have it without dye...?!) creme fraiche and fresh and tinned sweetcorn...very excellent! (as my mum would say)

And yes - I know I haven't written in this journal for ages, and that there are loads of things I could be telling you about - but right now I'm mostly interested in cooking!!
Got to go - there's a banana and chocolate cake recipe in the Rayburn cookbook which is calling to me....

No comments: