Monday 1 December 2008

New Hartley & Rothbury

Had a really nice night in New Hartley - I think Peter and I were more relaxed at this concert than any of the others. I'm not sure why - there was just a very friendly atmosphere.
Then last night was Rothbury. It was lovely for me to be back there, and to see many old friends and neighbours. I even got a little tearful when playing Rothbury Hills!
I've played on that stage at the Jubilee Hall many times, since I was about 10 years old entering the fiddle competitions at Rothbury Traditional Music Festival, and so has Peter (in fact he admitted to finding it hard not to keep smiling ingratiatingly at the area of the hall where the fiddle judge always used to sit!!)
The weather has turned extremely wintery and cold over the last few days, so the drive home was taken very slowly and carefully, going over the bleak moorland roads, where the headlights were picking out the beautiful (but worrying) glittering sparkle of frost and ice. Got home safely though, and had a couple of glasses of a rather nice New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc to celebrate!
All for now,
k

No comments: