Monday 9 February 2009

Thanks

...for all the messages of support and congratulations following the announcement of me getting the Queen's Medal for Music - it was lovely to receive them all.
As you can imagine I was totally delighted (and a bit shocked!) to get the award, and had a lovely day at The Sage Gateshead receiving the certificate from Sir Peter Maxwell Davies.
I haven't got the actual medal yet - I have to go down to London and see the Queen for that, and so far the Queen and I have not managed to synchronise our diaries....!!!!?
All very surreal...
k x

1 comment:

The Wessex Reiver said...

Well done Kathryn. My parents attended the ceremony at the Sage on my behalf so to speak (as they said nice not to be seeing you in the co-op in Rothbury) A well deserved award, you've done so much for music, not just Northumbrian over the years, and have become a fabulous ambassador.